In order to feel the spirit of CMSC, a short (2–3 hours) online event is planned for July 3, 2020. Invited speakers will give short presentations of 5–15 minutes, each, with an opportunity for Q&A discussion. We look forward to a friendly, enjoyable sharing of ideas and the stimulation of imaginative new ideas. There is no admission fee, though registration is required.
date: July 3, 2020
start: 8 AM (CEST, UTC+2). Check your local time here.
registration deadline: July 2, 10 AM (CEST, UTC+2)
The speaker list includes (but is not limited to):
- Tim Bell (University of Canterbury, New Zealand) – a leader of the CS Unplugged project and a co-author of the interactive Computer Science Field Guide
- Judith Gal-Ezer (Open University of Israel) – an expert in the teaching of computer-integrated mathematics and computer science education
- Andreas Daniel Matt (Germany) – a mathematics communicator, Managing Director of IMAGINARY
- Jerzy Pogonowski (Adam Mickiewicz University Poznan) – an expert in applications of logic, methodology of science and philosophy of mathematics
- Katarina Cheng (USA) – the winner of the MoMath International Steven H. Strogatz Award in the Performance category
- Rohan Jha (USA) – the winner of the MoMath International Steven H. Strogatz Award in the Writing category
- Julia Hybiak, Wojciech Kaszuba and Michał Janocha (Adam Mickiewicz University and Academy of Music in Poznań) a team working on algorithmic music
- Michał Ren and Paweł Perekietka (Adam Mickiewicz University and KSW High School in Poznań) talking on Polish mathematicians who broke the Enigma code